Organic right from the start – From breeding to the end product.
What is organic breeding?
Using methods and techniques that are compatible with the principles of organic farming, organic breeding develops varieties that meet the needs of organic farming.
Breeding takes place with respect for the integrity of the plant – there is no intervention below the cell level (genetic engineering). All the work steps, from the first to the last, take place on organic farms.
bioverita is committed to increasing the awareness of organic farming and organically bred varieties.
- in organic farming, organic vegetable and fruit production
- amongst processors of organic products
- amongst distributors of organic products
- amongst consumers of organic products
What is bioverita?
- a platform with the most important organic breeders in Europe
- a platform for varieties from organic cereal, vegetable and fruit breeding
- a platform for organic product processors and traders interested in organic breeding
- 50 New Open Pollinated VarietiesA portrait of Reinhild Frech-Emmelmann, pioneer of organic breeding, founder and managing director of ReinSaat KG. She has already bred 50 new types of vegetables.
- On the Trail of Organic Breeding in ItalyFrom July 6-9, 21 we were on the road in central Italy to look at various activities related to organic breeding on site. An inspiring journey!
- We have to take a much more radical approach!Portrait of Niklaus Bolliger, pioneer as a breeder for biodynamic apples, including an outlook of the first commercial project to come.
- Annual Meeting 2021Report on the annual meeting of bioverita which took place on 23 April 2021 in Hessigkofen, CH.
bioverita sees itself as a counterbalance to genetic engineering and the consolidation in the seed industry with fewer and fewer suppliers. The range of organic varieties for organic farming must therefore be increased.
bioverita is always about organic breeding – whether that is vegetables, cereals or coming soon, apples!