Organic right from the start – From breeding to the end product.
What is organic breeding?
Using methods and techniques that are compatible with the principles of organic farming, organic breeding develops varieties that meet the needs of organic farming.
Breeding takes place with respect for the integrity of the plant – there is no intervention below the cell level (genetic engineering). All the work steps, from the first to the last, take place on organic farms.
bioverita is committed to increasing the awareness of organic farming and organically bred varieties.
- in organic farming, organic vegetable and fruit production
- amongst processors of organic products
- amongst distributors of organic products
- amongst consumers of organic products
What is bioverita?
- a platform with the most important organic breeders in Europe
- a platform for varieties from organic cereal, vegetable and fruit breeding
- a platform for organic product processors and traders interested in organic breeding
- Crop Plants are the Companions of HumanityThe German breeder Christina Henatsch looks back on more than twenty years of biodynamic breeding and is intensively concerned with the question of which crops will feed us in the future.
- Review of BIOFACH 2023For this year’s BIOFACH bioverita organized again a large joint stand under the slogan “Meeting Point Organic Breeding” – both as a contact point for comprehensive information and as a networking and discussion forum on organic breeding
- Seeds are cultural assets – not private propertyA portrait of Arne von Schulz, who has been promoting bio-dynamic breeding for a long time as a vegetable gardener, breeder and seed propagator, but also on the boards of Kultursaat e.V. and bioverita.
- 37 new varieties with bioverita certificationWith 37 newly certified vegetable varieties from organic breeding, the total list now comprises 164 varieties of 34 different vegetable crops.
bioverita sees itself as a counterbalance to genetic engineering and the consolidation in the seed industry with fewer and fewer suppliers. The range of organic varieties for organic farming must therefore be increased.
bioverita is always about organic breeding – whether that is vegetables, cereals or coming soon, apples!