Organic right from the start – From breeding to the end product.
What is organic breeding?
Using methods and techniques that are compatible with the principles of organic farming, organic breeding develops varieties that meet the needs of organic farming.
Breeding takes place with respect for the integrity of the plant – there is no intervention below the cell level (genetic engineering). All the work steps, from the first to the last, take place on organic farms.
bioverita is committed to increasing the awareness of organic farming and organically bred varieties.
- in organic farming, organic vegetable and fruit production
- amongst processors of organic products
- amongst distributors of organic products
- amongst consumers of organic products
What is bioverita?
- a platform with the most important organic breeders in Europe
- a platform for varieties from organic cereal, vegetable and fruit breeding
- a platform for organic product processors and traders interested in organic breeding
- BIOFACH 2023: Meeting point Organic Breeding This year’s BIOFACH will take place from 14 – 17 February. bioverita is organising a joint stand for the third time under the motto “Treffpunkt Bio-Züchtung” (Meeting Point Organic Breeding) with a large number of partners:inside who are committed to organic breeding: Bayerische Landesanstalt für Landwirtschaft Ökozüchtungsplattform Bingenheimer Saatgut AG Bio-Gärtnerei Watzkendorf GmbH BioTropic Gesellschaft zur Erzeugung und zum ...
- Talk about amazing jobs: Breeding carrots that taste great!Noémi Uehlinger, vegetable breeder at Sativa Rheinau AG for ten years, talks about her path to breeding and the constant balancing act in her everyday life.
- BIOFACH 2022: Meeting point Organic BreedingThis year’s BIOFACH will take place from July 26th to 29th. bioverita organizes a joint stand with the motto “Meeting Point Organic Breeding” with a large number of partners who are committed to organic breeding.
- Market partnership with Gut WulfsdorfIn September 2021, bioverita started a collaboration with Gut Wulfsdorf, a Demeter farm in Ahrensburg near Hamburg. The company has always attached great importance to open pollinated varieties.
bioverita sees itself as a counterbalance to genetic engineering and the consolidation in the seed industry with fewer and fewer suppliers. The range of organic varieties for organic farming must therefore be increased.
bioverita is always about organic breeding – whether that is vegetables, cereals or coming soon, apples!