Organic right from the start – From breeding to the end product.
What is organic breeding?
Using methods and techniques that are compatible with the principles of organic farming, organic breeding develops varieties that meet the needs of organic farming.
Breeding takes place with respect for the integrity of the plant – there is no intervention below the cell level (genetic engineering). All the work steps, from the first to the last, take place on organic farms.
Bioverita is committed to increasing the awareness of organic farming and organically bred varieties.
- in organic farming, organic vegetable and fruit production
- amongst processors of organic products
- amongst distributors of organic products
- amongst consumers of organic products
What is Bioverita?
- a platform with the most important organic breeders in Europe
- a platform for varieties from organic cereal, vegetable and fruit breeding
- a platform for organic product processors and traders interested in organic breeding
- Plant Breeding Means DiversityPortrait of Friedemann Ebner If you talk to Friedemann Ebner, born in 1958, it quickly becomes clear what is meant by diversity in breeding – so quickly, ebulliently and enthusiastically does he speak about his projects. It is not just the different vegetable crops that he has dealt with over the course of his many years ...
- Marketing Project with Grell Naturkost“The regional organic wholesaler in the north, Grell Naturkost in Kaltenkirchen, is a new bioverita active member and project partner. The company Grell Naturkost has been supporting organic breeding for many years and, together with bioverita, is now ensuring that vegetables from organic breeding can be labeled with the bioverita box corner in specialist shops. At ...
- Vision and MissionWe did a lot of thinking about the goals of bioverita in the last few weeks and months. This document is an even clearer mission statement about being organic right from the start.
- fair report: Biofach 2020For the third time, Bioverita took the topic of organic seed breeding to BIOFACH trade visitors. Many visitors took advantage of the opportunity to talk to breeders and market partners directly about the growing range of special varieties for org
Bioverita sees itself as a counterbalance to genetic engineering and the consolidation in the seed industry with fewer and fewer suppliers. The range of organic varieties for organic farming must therefore be increased.
Bioverita is always about organic breeding – whether that is vegetables, cereals, maize or coming soon, apples!